SPL is CLIA-certified and is accredited by the College of American Pathologists.
- SPL’s staff of ASCP certified histotechnologists help train Moh’s technicians and offer back-up services.
- SPL has QC programs and processes that significantly reduce errors and improves efficiency
- Surgical Pathology Laboratories is Florida’s largest provider of frozen section pathology services, and been providing services since 1998.
- SPL provides QC, slide review, diagnosis and retention of tissues for more poorly differentiated squamous cell carcinoma, soft tissue tumors, and others for Moh’s surgeons.
- Surgical Pathology Laboratories also provides mobile frozen section pathology services to individual physicians, group practices and surgery centers with on-site reporting of diagnosis and margin evaluation.
- SPL retains tissue up to 10 years for those surgeons unable to do so.
- SPL’s staff has expertise in all areas and types of insurance. SPL’s experienced staff will submit claims to all insurance carriers, if initial submission is denied; we will re-submit the claim through the appealing process.